Fiery and hot. Some real punch and nice flavor. One of our favorite ‘gourmet’ garlics. Ships when harvested and cured for shipping, August-October. 1 pound of garlic will be 6-10 bulbs.
10 in stock
Fiery and hot. Some real punch and nice flavor. Ships when harvested and cured for shipping, August-October.
These are ‘culinary’ bulbs, meaning that they may not be ideal for planting, as we reserve the biggest for re-planting. Even if not the largest, they will still be fairly sizable compared to store-bought garlic.
1 pound of garlic will be 6-10 bulbs. Want to buy in bulk? Email us at email@example.com
Limited number available! First come, first serve.
TIPS to make your garlic HOT
- Only the raw garlic is hot. If you cook it, it will be as mild as any other.
- Chop it up and wait at least 10 minutes. For every minute you wait, the hotter it will get.
- The finer you chop it, the greater the reaction between the air and the garlic flesh, and the hotter (and healthier) it will be.
- Don’t want it hot? Then cook it, or don’t chop it so fine, or use it within the first minute of being chopped!
- Pro-tip: minced garlic, after 30 minutes or so, is going to give you something close to peak heat.
Caveat: many factors go into making garlic hot; the variety, soil quality, the amount of rain at various stages of development, and so on. Flavor and heat can vary year to year.
1/4 pound, 1/2 pound, 1 pound